The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has once again extended the deadline to file the EE0-1 report citing the continuing impact of the pandemic on business operations. The deadline to submit and certify 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 Reports is now Monday, October 25, 2021.
The EEOC also notes that this is the final deadline, and all eligible filers must submit data by this date. Employers are encouraged to file the required EEO-1 Component 1 report(s) as soon as possible.
Employers are required to file the EEO-1 Component 1 report if they are:
- A private employer with 100 or more employees; OR
- A federal contractor with 50 or more employees and prime federal contractors or first tier subcontractors with a contract(s), subcontract or purchase order amounting to $50,000 or more.
If the answer is yes to any of the questions below, the headquarters or parent company of the company or establishment (i.e. physical locations where business is conducted) must file.
- Does the entire company (at all locations combined) have at least 100 employees?
- Is the company affiliated through common ownership and/or centralized management with other entities in an enterprise with a total employment of 100 or more?
- Does the company or any of its establishments hold a contract with the federal government worth $50,000 or more and have 50 or more employees?
- Is the company or any of its establishments a federal government contractor which serves as a depository of Government funds in any amount or a financial institution which is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. Savings Bonds and Savings Notes in any amount?
Filers should visit the EEO-1 Component 1 website at: https://EEOCdata.org/eeo1 for the latest filing updates and additional information. By visiting the Filer Support Center located at: https://EEOCdata.org/eeo1/support, filers can request assistance as well as find helpful resources on how to file the 2019/2020 EEO-1 Component 1 Reports.
If you have questions on reporting or other compliance issues, call KMA today!